Sunday 28 June 2015

The Shores of England




This past weekend a few of my friends and I decided to take a trip to the beautiful city of Brighton. Brighton is on the coast of England and is literally the most incredible city. It has a mixture of a Venice Beach vibe, with a tint of San Francisco, but managing to keep its British feel. There was so many things to see, the two days we spent there were jam packed with tons of activities. We visited the famous Brighton Pier, the Royal Pavilion and the lanes that are jam packed with pubs, shops and vendors. 


One thing I noticed on the pier was the typography of the Brighton Pier light up sign. It appears the font is within the slab serif category because all of the letters have prominent serifs. It is really awesome learning about all these new different types of fonts because I really start to notice them whenever I walk around. I take note of the different lettering and truly observe it, which is really awesome while adventuring in this brand new city. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment