Wednesday 17 June 2015

The Arrival


I cannot personally say the day I left for London was an enjoyable one. I am not necessarily a flyer so this was a huge step for me. I not only was traveling to a different country for the first, but by myself. Packing was some what of a joke for me. I thought I “under packed,” but as soon as I arrived in Heathrow Airport, I realized this was not the case.

After 10 hours on a plane and a few drinks later, I arrived in London, England. For a hot second I really lost all the nerves that had built up and excitement was starting to kick in. I was here. At last.
All the other students who were on the same flight from Los Angeles to Heathrow had probably one-third the amount of luggage I did, which was quite unfortunate. Not only did I just meet these kids, but I was “that girl” with an insane amount of clothes, lugging an 80 pound bag around the airport and through the underground subway system that none of us knew how to navigate through.



It was most definitely a struggle. But, a fun struggle.

It only took my new group of friends about an hour and half to get to the building where we would check in and find out our room assignments. This was, yet again, a massive struggle. Not a fun one this time though. We walked about two miles to Queens Gate Terrace and arrived at Metrogate. We found out our room assignments and walked another quarter mile to our flats.


Our flats were located across the street from Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. Could it be much better than this? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment