Friday 19 June 2015

And So it Begins




After settling in, I decided to grab a brew with a homie from home. He was in London just for the night, and it was nice to see a familiar face. We had an absolute blast, and I could already tell this was going to be an experience of a lifetime.

I share my room with two other girls; Katy and Dana. Katy and I bonded immediately. We wanted to do so many similar things, we immediately became partners in crime. Just in the first few days we had traveled to Portabello Road in Notting Hill, Shoreditch, Spitafields Market and Westminster Abbey.

We are on a mission to go as many places as we possibly can before this trip is up and let me tell you, averaging 10 miles a day…we are accomplishing a lot.




Westminster Abby was absolutely breathtaking. Seeing the Big Ben right next to House of Parliament is not anything a picture could ever capture. I would stare at the photo I took on my camera and look up and be like “UGH! This does not represent what I see what so ever!”

It is absolutely true. These are monuments you have to see to believe. They are not only ginormous, but the architecture is incredible. Even if you aren't in to design, it is absolutely magical that someone could spend so much time on a building.


The architecture period is just perfect all throughout the streets of London.  It is like one big piece of artwork you can walk through every single day. The buildings are all different but similar. It is like a wonderful of beauty. I seriously wake up every single morning astonished that I get to call this place my home for the next 6 weeks.

Another fascinating thing about London is that there are NO TRASH CANS. And yet, no trash. HOW?!? My theory is that Londoners love and respect their city. Whenever you talk to a Londener, they go on and on about how wonderful the city is and how much there is to do, and you can tell they take great pride in that. They wouldn’t even dare to litter on the streets they call home. It is such a huge change from California, where litter flies at your windshield every time you get on the 101 Freeway.

I think a huge reason as to this lack of litter is the fact that I am staying in a flat across the street from Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens. Royalty, if I must say so myself. All my fellow flat-mates are astonished at how posh everyone dresses and how the basic t-shirts and leggings is legitimately frowned upon here in London. Like who do you think you are walking out of the house looking like an absolute frump!?! This is LONDON!








Living across the street from Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens is incredible. The park is huge and has so many different monuments; everyday I find a new one! My flat mate and I take strolls everyday through it, occasionally work out, and occasionally grab a bottle of wine and picnic for a few hours. It is a dream. The sun rises at 5 AM and sets at 9:30 PM, giving us all the time in the world to explore this wonderful, beautiful new environment.


I am literally living a dream.






0 comments:

Post a Comment