Monday 6 July 2015

fabric, London


fabric, London.

Only the most legendary house and techno club in London; a club I never thought I would ever be able to go to. I am a huge fan of the monthly compilations released by fabric, collecting all the fabric and FABRICLIVE mixes from one to 82. fabric is not only a club, but a record label. The best thing about the label is they are one hundred percent about the music, letting the producers do what they want in the mixes they put out. 

fabric is in high demand, other record labels always wanting to colloborate, but they put only one compilation out a month; just enough to keep all the fans pleased.

"I wanted to sell them at on our website, which I felt was indicative and reflective of how I saw the product; as licensed rave tapes." - Keith Reilly, fabric Founder.

The compilations are not only sold on the website, but in vending machines at the club. If there is anything better than candy in vending machines, its fabric and FABRICLIVE cd's! What a rad idea!

Last Saturday night, on July 4, 2015, I got the opportunity to see one of my favorite producers take the tracks...mister Jamie Jones himself.

Fortunately, the trip to fabric was only one subway away and it was easy peezy lemon squeezy to get there. As soon as I got in line, I couldn't believe it was happening. This is the type of club all house and techno lovers have heard of and dream about attending. 

Finally, it was my turn.

The second I walked in, I was taken aback. Three different stages, all with their own individual sound system and various bars located around each stage. The production value in this club is so unbelievably impressive, with a "body sonic" dance floor, where the floors emit bass frequencies being attached to 450 bass transducers. Body shaking, hips shaking, good vibes, good music...what could honestly get better than this.






The club is unlike any other club I have ever seen because for once, a good majority of the people weren't there to just "party," they are there to absorb their surroundings and groove to some good music. 

Music. That's what it's all about, isn't it? It's refreshing that there are other people out there that get that. Because it isn't the norm.

The lineup included Jamie Jones, The Revenge live, Secretsundanze and 10 Years of Kubicle. 

Yup. Stacked.

Jamie Jones absolutely blew my mind. Unfortunately I missed him at Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas in 2014 by total accident, so this was my first time seeing him live, and it definitely could not have been a better set, at a better location. But this doesn't dis-include the other artists who took the stage. Every dj that played, slayed and I was definitely not the only one feeling it. The crowd was going wild, dancing the night away into the AM. 

Jamie Jones played around a three hour set, ending a little past 8 AM. Yes, 8 o'clock in the morning. Unreal, right? The doors open at 11 PM and the music ends at 8 AM. You definitely get your moneys worth at this club, there is no question about that.

 Here is a little clip from Jamie Jone's set, and a look at some of the lasers used in Room 1.

 

If you ever have the opportunity to attend a show at fabric, I would highly recommend it. The lineups are pretty much always stacked and the club itself, incredible. There's nothing else like it out there, so go to London and dance the night away at fabric; you won't regret it. 

I can now check this off on my bucket list, and I could not be more stoked. 

☆(◒‿◒)☆




Location: London, UK

0 comments:

Post a Comment